Did you know that every home requires routine maintenance to stay in tip-top shape? Your DSLD home is no exception. Here we highlight 18 items on our Fall Maintenance Checklist that will help your DSLD home smoothly transition from summer into fall.Outdoor Maintenance
1. Clean gutters, downspouts, and roof eaves to remove leaves and debris.
2. Examine all exterior paint on your home and caulk and repair as needed.
3. Inspect and maintain the flow of all ditches, culverts, and any drainage inlets or outlets. Inspect for erosion and repair as necessary.
4. Before the first freeze, disconnect your exterior hoses and devices from hose bibs. If possible, shut off water to bib and drain.
6. Oil all moving parts and tighten nuts and bolts on garage door and tracks. Check your garage door openers and sensors.
7. Replace or clean heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) air return filters.
8. Have an HVAC professional inspect and calibrate your heating system as the start of heating season approaches.
9. Program your Honeywell WiFi thermostat* for heating settings to reduce energy usage.
(*DSLD uses Honeywell WiFi Thermostats in our homes. For more information about these thermostats, visit our Customer Care page to see videos on how to operate and program your Honeywell WiFi Thermostat.)
10. Check the connection between your dryer and vent exhaust. Repair or clean as needed.
11. Check your washing machine hoses and connections for cracks and leaks. Repair or replace as necessary per manufacturer.
12. Check your dryer's vent exhaust for lint blockage. Clean as needed.
13. Check your range hood's charcoal filter. Replace or clean as necessary and repair as needed.
14. Check caulk seals between your countertops and the walls. Repair as needed.
15. Check thresholds, door sweeps, and weather stripping on exterior doors to maintain air tightness.
16. Thoroughly check showers and all wet areas for mildew.
Florida-Specific DSLD Homes
17. Test your sprinkler system to assure it is functioning properly and adjust or repair as needed.
18. Flush out and drain the sprinkler system.
*This checklist covers some basic necessary maintenance items for most homes. It is by no means all-inclusive. Some items may not be applicable for the type of home and home features you have. For full details, please consult all guides, warranties, and literature provided by DSLD Homes, as well as the specific warranties and manuals for your home's various appliances.*