In honor of Earth Day, we are taking the time to list a few Earth-friendly, energy efficient features you'll find in your DSLD home.
1. Most DSLD Homes come equipt with an LED lighting package. These bulbs are energy efficient, cost less to operate, and will last longer than traditional incandescent lights.
2. Another DSLD energy efficiency feature is the Tankless Water Heaters that are offered in most communities. These water heaters reduce energy bills, heat water on demand, and offer a continuous supply of hot water. (This feature is offered in DSLD Homes' gas subdivisions)
3. Our Low E Tilt-In Windows make our DSLD Homes full of natural light to fill your home, but they also reduce the amount of heat that passes through the windows, especially in those hot summer months. This helps you reduce your overall Energy usage which helps save the Earth.
4. DSLD Homes uses an advanced blown wall insulation method called BIBS which stands for “blown in blanket system.” One of the major benefits of this High-Density R-15 Bibs Wall Insulation System is the higher R-values and more consistent insulation around outlets and other obstructions that normally create voids when using less advanced insulation systems. All of this means more comfort and energy savings for the life of your home!
5. Another great feature you will enjoy in your new DSLD Home is a WIFI Thermostat. The great news is that you can help save on your energy bill by changing the temperature of your home from an app on any mobile device. This is super helpful if you forget to change the temperature before you leave for work or maybe while out on vacation.
These few features may not seem like much but every little bit that we can do to help save on energy, the more we are helping our pocketbooks, our communities, and the Earth! If you are wanting to do a few things to help your home be greener, here are a few things you can do:
1. Start by planting your own at home garden, you can effectively help reduce the amount of C02 in the Earth’s atmosphere! You can also minimize your environmental impact by growing your own food.
2. If planting your own garden isn't your thing, try buying your food from a local farmers market. This will help grow your local economy. It is also a fun activity for the entire family.
4. Avoid turning on lights during the day and use your home's natural lighting.
5. Go "paperless" with your bills, opt for online billing to save trees.
6. Donate, sell, and buy items from thrift stores and online.
Please contact a Builder Sales Representative in your area or you can find your next DSLD Home on our website. Let DSLD Homes help you live a more energy efficient and Earth-friendly lifestyle.
Most of these are already included as standard features in most DSLD communities, please check with a Builder Sales Representative to see what is included in your new DSLD Home.